Hey Everyone! Welcome to my monthly contests. I plan on hosting these contests every month (sorry about last month), so that all of you can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork in a fun and creative way. Each month, the contest will have a different topic/theme that is selected by the champion of the previous contest. This month's topic will be another alien world, and since it is December, I wanted to put a winter spin on it. The idea is to create a scene of another world outside of ours, where aliens could possibly exist. These scenes could either be views from space, or even a landscape in the world you create. Besides these two criteria, you are free to create anything you see fit.
Rules & Guidelines
1. All work must be done 100% in Blender by yourself.
2. Other 3D software are strictly prohibited.
3. Photo editing software can be used for minor post-production, nothing too drastic.
4. 3D models created by other people cannot be used in the final product. All work must be done individually.
5. Addons are allowed as long as they are free and available to everyone. (For example, NO Pro-Lighting: Studio, or Grass Free since it consists of models not made by you)
6. You are only allowed ONE submission.
7. The winner must provide his/her blend file to prove its authenticity.
8. Your entry should contain aspects of both an alien world and a winter scene.
The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video, breakdown video, or step-by-step process of the creation of the final image featured on this website until the end of the next contest.
Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide a better award.
All submissions are due prior to December 29th, 2018. Voting will be held on blenderartists.org from the 29th-31st. The winner will be announced January 1st, 2019. The winner will have until the end of the day January 2nd to choose the next topic. If no topic is provided, I will select the theme of the next contest.