Hey Everyone! This is the first ever BlendMaster contest. I hope on publishing these contests once a month so that you guys can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork. This month's topic will be character. You can create any character you want for this. It doesn't necessarily have to be a human. It could be an animal, a robot, or anything else that lives and breathes. It also doesn't have to be realistic. You can create a stylized character if you want to, but in the end, you the audience, will be the judges. I will be creating a survey and you guys will vote on which image you believe should be the winner.
Rules and Guidelines
1. All work must be done 100% in Blender by yourself.
2. Other 3D software are strictly prohibited.
3. Photo editing software can be used for minor post-production if it is free. For example Gimp. Photoshop would not be allowed.
4. 3D models created by other people cannot be used in the final product. All work must be done individually.
5. Addons are allowed as long as they are free and available to everyone.
6. You are only allowed ONE submission.
7. Images/textures may be used as long as they are not purchased. They also should not be the main focus of the scene.
8. Characters should not be in a standard t-pose. A story should be told through their emotion and position. Placing characters within an environment might help build a story and increase the chances of being selected as a winner.
9. The winner must provide his/her blend file to prove its authenticity.
Check out this link for some great CGI inspiration.
As of now, the only reward will be the satisfaction of improving your skills. Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide better awards. The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video of the creation of their image, featured on this website until the end of the next contest.
All submissions are due prior to August 30th, 2016. The winner will be announced September 2nd, 2016.