Hey Everyone! Welcome to my monthly contests. I plan on hosting these contests every month so that all of you can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork in a fun and creative way. Each month, the contest will have a different topic/theme that is selected by the champion of the previous contest. This month's topic will be Characters. The idea is to create a render of your own original character. You can approach this topic in many different ways. Perhaps you want to create a stylized character, or maybe you want to go for a hyper-realistic look. Either way, the decision is up to you. I wish you the best of luck!
Rules & Guidelines
1. Majority of the work must be done in Blender by yourself.
2. Photo editing software can be used for minor post-production, nothing too drastic.
3. 3D models created by other people cannot be used in the final product. All work must be done individually.
4. Addons are allowed as long as they do not involve models made from other people. (For example, NO Grass Essentials, or Grass Free since you did not make the grass models)
5. You are only allowed ONE submission.
6. The winner must provide his/her blend file to prove its authenticity.
7. Your entry should contain an original character.
The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video, breakdown video, or step-by-step process of the creation of the final image featured on this website until the end of the next contest.
Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide a better award.
All submissions are due prior to March 29th, 2019. Voting will be held on blenderartists.org from the 29th-31st. The winner will be announced April 1st, 2019. The winner will have until the end of the day April 2nd to choose the next topic. If no topic is provided, I will select the theme of the next contest.