Hey Everyone! Welcome to my NEW monthly contests. I plan on hosting these contests once a month so that all of you can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork in a fun and creative way. Each month, the contest will have a different topic/theme that is selected by the champion of the previous contest. This month's topic will be the default cube. We all are guilty of opening Blender simply to delete the default cube immediately. That is why, for this contest, you must make the default cube the star of your scene. Apply modifiers, simulations, textures, materials, etc. The only thing you cannot do is enter edit mode to alter the shape of the mesh. (You can adjust the topology in edit mode)
Rules & Guidelines
1. All work must be done 100% in Blender by yourself.
2. Other 3D software are strictly prohibited.
3. Photo editing software can be used for minor post-production if it is free. For example Gimp. Photoshop would not be allowed.
4. 3D models created by other people cannot be used in the final product. All work must be done individually.
5. Addons are allowed as long as they are free and available to everyone. (For example, NO grass essentials.)
6. You are only allowed ONE submission.
7. The winner must provide his/her blend file to prove its authenticity.
8. You may not alter the shape of the cube in edit mode or by sculpting. (You are allowed to adjust the topology however you wish, so long as the shape of the cube is not altered in edit mode)
The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video, breakdown video, or step-by-step process of the creation of the final image featured on this website until the end of the next contest.
Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide a better award.
All submissions are due prior to July 27th, 2018. Voting will be held on blenderartists.org from the 27th-29th. The winner will be announced July 30th, 2018. The winner will have until the end of the day July 31st to choose the next topic. If no topic is provided, I will select the theme of the next contest.
1st Place (Tie)