Hey Everyone! This is the 2nd BlendMaster contest. I plan on publishing these contests once a month so that you guys can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork. This month's topic will be nature. You can create any nature scene/environment you want for this. You should also strive for realism in this contest. In the end, you the audience, will be the judges of who will win. I will be creating a survey and you guys will vote on which image you believe should be the winner.
Rules and Guidelines
1. All work must be done 100% in Blender by yourself.
2. Other 3D software are strictly prohibited.
3. Photo editing software can be used for minor post-production if it is free. For example Gimp. Photoshop would not be allowed.
4. 3D models created by other people cannot be used in the final product. All work must be done individually.
5. Addons are allowed as long as they are free and available to everyone. (For example, NO grass essentials.)
6. You are only allowed ONE submission.
7. Images/textures may be used as long as they are not the main focus of the scene.
8. The winner must provide his/her blend file to prove its authenticity.
Check out this link for some great CGI inspiration.
As of now, the only reward will be the satisfaction of improving your skills. Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide better awards. The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video of the creation of their image, featured on this website until the end of the next contest.
(To help me provide you guys with better rewards, please support me on Patreon. Most of that money will come straight back to benefit you guys! You can also get some cool rewards for supporting me.)
All submissions are due prior to September 30th, 2016. The winner will be announced October 3rd, 2016
2nd Place (Tie)