Hey Everyone! Welcome to my NEW monthly contests. I plan on hosting these contests once a month so that all of you can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork in a fun and creative way. Each month, the contest will have a different topic/theme that is selected by the champion of the previous contest. This month's topic will be, Into The Vortex, a.k.a particle systems. The idea is to create a render using a particle system as the main focus of the scene as well as a force field that acts upon the system/s. There are no restrictions as to what your renders can be, so long as there is at least one particle system and one force field used. If it is not clear in your render how the particle system and force field were used, please explain on your post on the blenderartist page.
Rules and Guidelines
1. All work must be done 100% in Blender by yourself.
2. Other 3D software are strictly prohibited.
3. Photo editing software can be used for minor post-production if it is free. For example Gimp. Photoshop would not be allowed.
4. 3D models created by other people cannot be used in the final product. All work must be done individually.
5. Addons are allowed as long as they are free and available to everyone. (For example, NO Pro-Lighting: Studio.)
6. You are only allowed ONE submission.
7. The winner must provide his/her blend file to prove its authenticity.
8. The main focus of the scene should be the particle system/s.
The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video, breakdown video, or step-by-step process of the creation of the final image featured on this website until the end of the next contest.
Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide a better award.
All submissions are due prior to September 26th, 2018. Voting will be held on blenderartists.org from the 26th-28th. The winner will be announced September 29th, 2018. The winner will have until the end of the day September 30th to choose the next topic. If no topic is provided, I will select the theme of the next contest.