Hey Everyone! Welcome to my NEW monthly contests. I plan on hosting these contests once a month so that all of you can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork in a fun and creative way. Each month, the contest will have a different topic/theme that is selected by the champion of the previous contest. This month's topic will be procedural volumetrics, objects that don't exist. The idea is to create a render using only volumetrics in blender. There should be no solid objects in your scene. You could take this topic and go in many different directions. For example, you could try to create something realistic like clouds, or you could create something completely abstract. The one other rule is that this is a procedural competition. All textures should be created procedurally. The only image texture that can be used is an HDR for lighting.
RULES & GUIDELINES
1. All work must be done 100% in Blender by yourself.
2. Other 3D software are strictly prohibited.
3. Photo editing software can be used for minor post-production if it is free. For example Gimp. Photoshop would not be allowed.
4. 3D models created by other people cannot be used in the final product. All work must be done individually.
5. Addons are allowed as long as they are free and available to everyone. (For example, NO Pro-Lighting: Studio.)
6. You are only allowed ONE submission.
7. The winner must provide his/her blend file to prove its authenticity.
8. All objects in scene must be volumetric. There cannot be any solid objects in the scene.
9. All textures must be created procedurally, unless it is an HDR used for lighting purposes only.
The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video, breakdown video, or step-by-step process of the creation of the final image featured on this website until the end of the next contest.
Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide a better award.
All submissions are due prior to August 26th, 2018. Voting will be held on blenderartists.org from the 26th-28th. The winner will be announced August 30th, 2018. The winner will have until the end of the day August 31st to choose the next topic. If no topic is provided, I will select the theme of the next contest.