Hey Everyone! Welcome to my NEW monthly contests. I plan on hosting these contests once a month so that all of you can be challenged to improve your skills as well as your artwork in a fun and creative way. Each month, the contest will have a different topic/theme that is selected by the champion of the previous contest. This month's topic will be, Sci-Fi, and since it is October, I wanted to put a Halloween twist on it. The idea is to create a sci-fi/futuristic render while still maintaining that spooky halloween feel. Besides these two criteria, you are free to create anything you see fit.
Rules & Guidelines
1. All work must be done 100% in Blender by yourself.
2. Other 3D software are strictly prohibited.
3. Photo editing software can be used for minor post-production if it is free. For example Gimp. Photoshop would not be allowed.
4. 3D models created by other people cannot be used in the final product. All work must be done individually.
5. Addons are allowed as long as they are free and available to everyone. (For example, NO Pro-Lighting: Studio.)
6. You are only allowed ONE submission.
7. The winner must provide his/her blend file to prove its authenticity.
8. Your entry should contain aspects of both sci-fi and halloween.
The winner of this contest, if they would like, can have a time-lapse video, breakdown video, or step-by-step process of the creation of the final image featured on this website until the end of the next contest.
Hopefully, as these contests grow more popular, I will be able to provide a better award.
All submissions are due prior to October 26th, 2018. Voting will be held on blenderartists.org from the 26th-28th. The winner will be announced October 29th, 2018. The winner will have until the end of the day October 31st to choose the next topic. If no topic is provided, I will select the theme of the next contest.